It’s no secret that happier employees are more productive, so why not consider these few office design tips to help boost employee wellbeing.
1. Encourage Movement - Provide a variety of working spaces that give staff the choice of where and how they prefer to work. Integrating sit to stand desks, providing flexible working spaces and promoting activity based work are all great ways to achieve this. Also try and promote an active lifestyle through initiatives like competitions and company fitness activities.
2. Breakout Spaces – Every office should have somewhere for staff to take a break. Café areas promote emotional wellbeing by creating a sense of community and belonging. Providing a balanced offering of both comfortable and practical lounges, tables and chairs is key.
3. Collaboration Areas – Collaboration zones play an important role in boosting engagement and employee wellbeing. Consider creating in-office meeting spaces, extra movable stools, and user friendly boardrooms and meeting rooms.
4. Private Spaces – Open offices can sometimes be very distracting to employees, consider integrating quiet zones, phone booths and huddle spaces where staff can choose to work when they need a break from the hustle and bustle.
5. Décor - Ensure you have the right office ambience, take into consideration elements like lighting, artwork and furniture colouring and whether your office is an appealing and warm place to work. Planter boxes are a simple way to instantly lift the mood, plants have a plethora of proven benefits including improved air quality, heightened temperature regulation and stress reduction.