With summer just around the corner, it’s about time we start thinking about those sunny days on the beach. Here are a few tips to get you into the swing of things:
1. Pack healthy meals – the secret to a healthy mind and body is a healthy diet, taking the time to prepare healthy work lunches will save your hunger from driving you to the local take away shop! We know it’s not always easy to find the time, but you will reap the rewards.
2. Get out of your seat – simple activities such as walking around the office, standing instead of sitting whilst taking calls and taking the stairs will all help. If you have a longer lunch break, try taking your workout clothes and going for a jog.
3. H2O is the go – drink lots of water, studies have shown that drinking water before meals will suppress your appetite. Water also assists with digestion. It’s recommended that one should drink at least 8 glasses of water per day for optimal health.
4. After work activities – stay active after work too, whether it be joining a gym, walking the dog or even doing the household chores. The more active you are the better, whenever you’re moving you are burning calories and getting fitter.
5. Do desk stretches – keep your metabolism high by doing one or two stretches every hour. Desk stretches are easy and quick, see our Don’t Forget to Stretch blog post to find out more.